Washington fell behind early, fought back and earned a 2-2 Pac-12 women's soccer draw with Oregon State on Sunday at Husky Soccer Field.
Washington fell behind early, fought back and earned a 2-2 Pac-12 women’s soccer draw with Oregon State on Sunday at Husky Soccer Field.
The first 10 minutes went about as bad as could be for the Huskies (10-6-3, 3-5-2 league) as the Beavers (11-5-3, 3-4-3) scored twice, including a penalty kick.
Lindsay Elston scored a minute before halftime and Jaclyn Softli got the equalizer in the 51st.
In overtime, Washington had two corner kicks but couldn’t break the tie.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
The Huskies’ final regular-season game is Friday at Washington State.
• Brandi Vega scored in the 37th minute, giving Washington State a 1-0 women’s victory over Oregon in Pullman. Gurveen Clair made only one save in her fourth solo shutout for WSU (11-6-1, 5-4-1 Pac-12).
• Seattle University’s men lost 3-0 to New Mexico in the Redhawks’ final home match. The Redhawks (3-12-1, 1-7-1 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) finish the season at San Jose State on Saturday.
• Denver got a 2-0 win over the Redhawks women in the final regular-season match for Seattle (8-8-2, 3-3-2). The Redhawks face Louisiana Tech Thursday in Logan, Utah, in the Western Athletic Conference tournament.
• Andrew Weishaar had a pair of goals as Western Washington’s men (8-7-2, 6-5-2 Great Northwest Athletic Conference) defeated Saint Martin’s 5-1 in Lacey. Dylan Gaydish scored for the Saints (3-14, 2-11).
Bob E. Jones of Issaquah and partner Ken Kelly of Victoria, B.C., finished second in the Martin 16 doublehanded competition at the U.S. Disabled Sailing Championships in San Diego.
From sports-information reports.