Darrell Daniels, a 6-foot-3 receiver from Freedom High in Oakley, Calif., became the eighth player to unofficially join the Huskies' football Class of 2013.
The Washington Huskies picked up their eighth football commitment for the Class of 2013 on Saturday from a receiver regarded as one of the best on the West Coast — Darrell Daniels of Freedom High in Oakley, Calif.
Daniels is among several players reported to be taking unofficial visits to UW this weekend. Daniels, rated four stars by Rivals.com, Scout.com and ESPN.com, sent out word of his commitment on his Twitter page.
A 6-foot-3, 210-pounder, he caught 30 passes for 526 yards and seven touchdowns last year. He is rated No. 5 nationally at his position by Scout.com.
His recruitment continues an emphasis for UW under coach Steve Sarkisian of pursuing big receivers. Daniels is the second receiver to commit for this class, the other being 6-4, 190-pound Sammie Long of Lakes.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
Commitments, however, are not binding until letters of intent are signed in February.
Daniels had offers from just about everyone in the Pac-12 including USC, as well as Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan and Auburn.