How to get there: The best place to launch a boat is the fishing town of Westport, located about 20 miles from Aberdeen, where there is...
How to get there: The best place to launch a boat is the fishing town of Westport, located about 20 miles from Aberdeen, where there is a large four-lane ramp. There also are two other smaller boat ramps that access Grays Harbor.
To get to the Westport ramp from Aberdeen, turn left at the third stoplight and go over the Chehalis River Bridge. Stay in right lane, which turns into Highway 105. Take the first Westport exit and follow signs to the marina on Montesano Street.
There is a primitive one-lane dirt boat launch at John’s River located off State Route 105 just past the Ocean Spray Company.
The 28th Street Bridge two-lane ramp is located in Hoquiam. Turn east on Simpson Avenue and right at 28th Street, then follow the road for a half-mile.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Grays Harbor fishing seasons and salmon catch limits: Open now through Oct. 31 with a daily limit of two salmon — only one may be a chinook, and only one may be a wild (unmarked) adult coho. Release chum salmon.
From Nov. 1-30, the daily limit is two salmon, and only one may be a wild (unmarked) adult coho. Release chinook and chum salmon.
The Westport and Ocean Shores boat basins are open through Jan. 31 with a daily limit of six fish, and up to four adult salmon may be kept.
Westport Charters: To book a charter fishing trip, call 800-562-0157 or visit www.westportcharters.com.