Green Lake Crew from Seattle won its round of 16 race in the Thames Challenge Cup for club eights at the Henley Royal Regatta in Henley, England, on Thursday.
Green Lake Crew defeated Lady Rohesia Club of England and advanced to face Griffen B.C. of England on Friday.
Washington’s men’s crews will compete in the Ladies’ Challenge Cup starting Fridayand the Grand Challenge Cup starting on Saturday.
The Associated Press
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins