Green Lake Crew from Seattle won its round of 16 race in the Thames Challenge Cup for club eights at the Henley Royal Regatta in Henley, England, on Thursday.
Green Lake Crew defeated Lady Rohesia Club of England and advanced to face Griffen B.C. of England on Friday.
Washington’s men’s crews will compete in the Ladies’ Challenge Cup starting Fridayand the Grand Challenge Cup starting on Saturday.
The Associated Press
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- UW cornerback Byron Murphy expected to miss 6 weeks with a broken foot