Green Lake Crew from Seattle won its round of 16 race in the Thames Challenge Cup for club eights at the Henley Royal Regatta in Henley, England, on Thursday.
Green Lake Crew defeated Lady Rohesia Club of England and advanced to face Griffen B.C. of England on Friday.
Washington’s men’s crews will compete in the Ladies’ Challenge Cup starting Fridayand the Grand Challenge Cup starting on Saturday.
The Associated Press
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks