The Gonzaga women's golf team shot a final-round 293 to win the Folino Invitational by 13 strokes Tuesday.
INDUSTRY HILLS, Calif. — The Gonzaga women’s golf team shot a final-round 293 to win the Folino Invitational by 13 strokes Tuesday.
Gonzaga, which led by four strokes entering the final round, broke the school record for round scoring of 294 set in 2006, and its 54-hole score of 897 was one shot off the school record set in 2008.
Alice Kim, with a final-round 75, finished tied for second at 8-over 221, one shot behind medalist Tara Green of Montana.
Lori Pearson (21-over 234) tied for 20th to lead Seattle University, which finished 10th out of 12 teams.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
Most Read Stories
Washington’s home opener against Seattle University was postponed by weather. The game has been rescheduled for 5 p.m. Wednesday at Husky Ballpark.
• Lewis Ratcliff and Matt Beers of the Washington Stealth have been added to the West Division roster for the 2012 National Lacrosse League All-Star Game on Saturday in Buffalo, N.Y.
Ratcliff takes the place of injured Stealth forward Rhys Duch, and Beers will represent the Stealth in place of Paul Rabil, who was traded last week.
• Bryan Hunter will be step down as coach of the Vancouver Volcanoes for the 2012 International Basketball League season. Hunter, who will remain the team’s general manager, tabbed former assistant Joe Navarro to replace him as head coach.
• Shoreline native Katrina Young, a sophomore at Florida State, won the platform event at the Atlantic Coast Conference women’s swimming and diving championships Saturday in Christiansburg, Va.
• The Northwest University (Kirkland) women’s basketball team lost 88-57 to Eastern Oregon in the quarterfinals of the Cascade Conference tournament. Northwest (11-16) led 15-2 but fell apart when leading scorer Jessalyn Jackson was injured eight minutes into the game.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.