KANE'OHE, Oahu — Led by Alice Kim's second-place finish, the Gonzaga women's golf team finished third Wednesday in the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational. Kim...
KANE’OHE, Oahu — Led by Alice Kim’s second-place finish, the Gonzaga women’s golf team finished third Wednesday in the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational.
Kim fired a final-round 75 for a 54-hole total of 222, one shot behind medalist Kayla Mortellaro of Idaho.
The Bulldogs shot a final-round 308 and finished nine strokes back of champion Texas A&M.
Washington State tied for seventh, with Mallory Kent its highest finisher at 31st.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Nick Hoover and Mark Trentacosta combined for a two-hit shutout as host UC Irvine beat Washington State 6-0. Ian Sadgal and Adam Nelubowich had a hit apiece for the Cougars (9-6).
• Royce Bolinger hit a two-run home run in the seventh inning for Gonzaga, which dropped a 5-3 decision to Arkansas in Fayetteville.
Clayton Eslick and Marco Gonzales each had a pair of hits for the Bulldogs (10-5), who have lost five straight.
Washington State (10-3) rolled to a 5-2 win over host Boise State to match its best start to a season since 2007-08.
• Gonzaga (5-6) swept all six singles matches in Palm Springs, Calif., to post a 6-1 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson and snap a four-match losing streak.
• Washington Stealth goaltender Tyler Richards has been named defensive player of the week in the National Lacrosse League.
Compiled from sports-information reports
and other sources.