Former Washington volleyball standouts Courtney Thompson and Tamari Miyashiro are members of the U.S. team that began competition in the...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Former Washington volleyball standouts Courtney Thompson and Tamari Miyashiro are members of the U.S. team that began competition in the Women’s Pan American Cup on Friday in Tijuana, Mexico.
The Americans opened with a 27-25, 25-22, 25-17 win over Peru in the event that is a qualifier for the 2011 FIVB World Grand Prix.
• Puyallup’s Megan Jendrick swam to a third-place tie in the women’s 200-meter breaststroke in 2:29.62 at the Santa Clara (Calif.) Grand Prix.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
• The U-16 Ellstrom’s Elam Plus unlimited hydroplane will become the U-96 Sprit of Qatar, the boat owners announced.
• Kent’s Adrienne Wilson, a receiver for the Seattle Majestics of the Independent Women’s Football League, was picked to play for the U.S. national team at the Women’s World Championship, June 27-July 3 Stockholm, Sweden.
From team reports
and other sources.