TALLADEGA, Ala.– Most of Elliott Sadler’s memories of Talladega Superspeedway are unpleasant. They either involve a horrific 2003 crash in which his car flipped several times and slid through the grass on its roof, or many different ways he would come up empty while trying for success.
Finally, he has a victory that offsets those disappointments.
Sadler won a three-lap shootout to the checkered flag Saturday in the Aaron’s 312, a NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
“I have such a love-hate relationship with this racetrack. We always run good here, but I always doggone flip or wreck or hit hard or something,” Sadler said afterward.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Chris Buescher finished second, and Regan Smith was third.
Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw was 22nd of 40.