TALLADEGA, Ala.– Most of Elliott Sadler’s memories of Talladega Superspeedway are unpleasant. They either involve a horrific 2003 crash in which his car flipped several times and slid through the grass on its roof, or many different ways he would come up empty while trying for success.
Finally, he has a victory that offsets those disappointments.
Sadler won a three-lap shootout to the checkered flag Saturday in the Aaron’s 312, a NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
“I have such a love-hate relationship with this racetrack. We always run good here, but I always doggone flip or wreck or hit hard or something,” Sadler said afterward.
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
Most Read Stories
Chris Buescher finished second, and Regan Smith was third.
Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw was 22nd of 40.