The Eastlake Little League team batted around in the first inning and the last inning. That was more than enough to cruise to a 16-2 victory over Cody, Wyo., Saturday in the Northwest Regional tournament in San Bernardino, Calif.
Eastlake is atop the region with a 2-0 record in pool play. They will play against Billings, Mont., at 8 p.m. Monday.
Top-seeded Gail Brodsky of Kirkland, defeated third-seeded Maggy Lehmicke of Kirkland, 6-4, 7-6 to reach the final of the women’s open singles at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis Club.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
- Seattle’s newcomers vs. longtime residents: At least we both like the Seahawks
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- 12 Tully’s Coffee locations at Boeing to close, with each side blaming the other
Riko Shimizu, who will be a junior at Washington, defeated former Husky Denise
Dy 6-3, 7-5 in the other semifinal.
In men’s open singles, No. 1 seed Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., defeated Boise’s Andrew Bettles 7-5, 6-2 and Julio Peralta, the No. 2 seed, defeated Luke Shields of Grand Junction, Colo., 6-2, 6-2.
Sunday matches begin at 10 a.m.
The Columbia Senior League baseball team from the Vancouver area fell 4-1 to Nogales, Ariz., in the Western Regional tournament in Ontario, Calif. Columbia plays Manhattan Beach, Calif., on Sunday.
From team reports and other sources.