The Eastlake Little League team batted around in the first inning and the last inning. That was more than enough to cruise to a 16-2 victory over Cody, Wyo., Saturday in the Northwest Regional tournament in San Bernardino, Calif.
Eastlake is atop the region with a 2-0 record in pool play. They will play against Billings, Mont., at 8 p.m. Monday.
Top-seeded Gail Brodsky of Kirkland, defeated third-seeded Maggy Lehmicke of Kirkland, 6-4, 7-6 to reach the final of the women’s open singles at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis Club.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
Riko Shimizu, who will be a junior at Washington, defeated former Husky Denise
Dy 6-3, 7-5 in the other semifinal.
In men’s open singles, No. 1 seed Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., defeated Boise’s Andrew Bettles 7-5, 6-2 and Julio Peralta, the No. 2 seed, defeated Luke Shields of Grand Junction, Colo., 6-2, 6-2.
Sunday matches begin at 10 a.m.
The Columbia Senior League baseball team from the Vancouver area fell 4-1 to Nogales, Ariz., in the Western Regional tournament in Ontario, Calif. Columbia plays Manhattan Beach, Calif., on Sunday.
From team reports and other sources.