The Eastlake Little League baseball team of Sammamish opened group play in the Northwest Regional tournament in San Bernardino, Calif., with a dominant 10-2 victory over a team from Anchorage, Alaska.
“I think you will see more hitting on Saturday,” Eastlake coach Rob Chandler said. His team will play Cody (Wyo.) at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Former NBA player Craig Ehlo was released from jail Friday and ordered to stay away from family members and his rural Spokane County home. A judge set Ehlo’s arraignment for Aug. 14 on a charge of first-degree reckless burning, The Spokesman-Review reported.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
No. 5 seed Riko Shimizu, who will be a junior at Washington this fall, won her quarterfinal match at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis Club.
On the men’s side, No. 1 seed Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., easily advanced to the semifinals.
Incoming UW freshman Kevin Kwon won his second consecutive Canadian Junior Boys Championship at Timberwolf Golf Club in Sudbury, Ont.
Sports-information reports were used in this article