AUBURN — Never underestimate Del Rio Harbor at Emerald Downs.
The track’s top 2-year-old male last year, Del Rio Harbor earned a 2½-length victory over stablemate Noosito in the $50,000 Coca-Cola Handicap for 3-year-old colts and geldings.
Ridden by Gallyn Mitchell, Del Rio Harbor ran one mile in 1:34.73 and paid $11.20, $3.60 and $3. The victory was worth $27,500 to co-owners Desert Rose Racing and Bar C Racing Stables.
Noosito, ridden by Leslie Mawing, challenged Del Rio Harbor into the stretch but was out finished through the lane and settled for second place. Noosito paid $2.20 and $2.20.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
Doris Harwood trains both Del Rio Harbor and Noosito, upping her all-time track record to 63 stakes wins.
Del Rio Harbor and Noosito — both Washington-breds — have now faced each other five times with Del Rio Harbor holding a 3-2 lead.
From track reports