Dave Villwock will be returning to unlimited hydroplane racing as the driver for Schumacher Racing at the Columbia Cup in the Tri-Cities July 25-27.
Villwock, 60, joined Schumacher Racing during the 2013 season as a consultant and became the team manager. This followed a driving career that produced 67 wins, the most by any driver in the history of the sport, including 10 National Championships and 10 Gold Cup victories.
Team owner Billy Schumacher said: “In the past year, a lot of people have asked me how it made sense to have the best driver in the history of the sport as a backup driver. Why not put him in the boat?’
“One of those people was our sponsor, Bill Cahill of Beacon Plumbing,” added Schumacher. “So we approached Dave with the idea of returning to driving and we are very happy that he is willing. We have made dramatic changes to the boat and having Dave experience the boat ride will speed up the tuning process.”
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
Villwock agreed, saying, “We will really be developing a new boat with all the changes we made and this should allow us to get it up to speed as quickly as possible.”
• A year after going 8-0 in the Big Sky Conference for the first time in school history, the Eastern Washington football team was selected by media and coaches to win a third straight league title. The picks were announced at the Summer Kickoff in Park City, Utah. Montana and Montana State were picked second and third by media and coaches.
From sports-information reports.