Carving, an impressive winner in his Emerald Downs debut last month, leads a field of nine 3-year-old colts and geldings scheduled to run...
AUBURN — Carving, an impressive winner in his Emerald Downs debut last month, leads a field of nine 3-year-old colts and geldings scheduled to run in Sunday’s $50,000 Auburn Handicap at 6 ½ furlongs.
Carving, who won a $100,000 stakes race last fall at Hollywood Park (Inglewood, Calif.), beat Music of My Soul, last year’s top 2-year-old at Emerald, by 1 ½ lengths in an allowance race last month. Carving is the 8-5 morning-line favorite.
Music of My Soul, a full brother to Emerald Downs great Noosa Beach, is the second choice on the morning line at 4-1.
Makors Finale wins
Most Read Stories
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Seattle to spend $177M on new streetcar line amid questions about ‘unrealistic’ revenue, rider projections
- Boeing’s next all-new jet moves closer to reality
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Makors Finale, a four-time stakes winner at Emerald Downs, won Saturday’s $22,575 allowance race for older colts and geldings.
Makors Finale, a 4-year-old gelding, won by a half-length over favored Rocky’s Quest in a time of 1 minute, 8.27 seconds for 6 furlongs, and paid $6.80 to win.