SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – Nick Mora made sure California would play for the Little League World Series championship.
Mora allowed a mere two hits and smacked a three-run homer, and Chula Vista, Calif., beat Westport, Conn., 12-1 in the U.S. title game Saturday.
California will play Japan for the World Series title Sunday.
The Tokyo team beat Tijuana, Mexico, 3-2 on Takuma Gomi’s leadoff home run in the top of the sixth inning.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
Westport earned its berth in the U.S. championship game by beating the Eastlake All-Stars from Sammamish 14-13 in seven innings Friday.