ELKHART LAKE, Wis. – Brendan Gaughan took the lead after a green-white-checkered restart, then held on to win the rain-soaked Gardner Denver 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Road America on Saturday.
Alex Tagliani was second. It was the third time in Nationwide history grooved rain tires were used in a race.
“I love racing in the rain,” Gaughan said.
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 33rd of 38.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
Most Read Stories
• Jamie McMurray won the pole for Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350, a NASCAR Sprint Cup event on the road course at Sonoma Raceway in California.
Greg Biffle of Vancouver, Wash., will start in 19th, and Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw will start in 30th of 43.