ELKHART LAKE, Wis. – Brendan Gaughan took the lead after a green-white-checkered restart, then held on to win the rain-soaked Gardner Denver 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Road America on Saturday.
Alex Tagliani was second. It was the third time in Nationwide history grooved rain tires were used in a race.
“I love racing in the rain,” Gaughan said.
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 33rd of 38.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
• Jamie McMurray won the pole for Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350, a NASCAR Sprint Cup event on the road course at Sonoma Raceway in California.
Greg Biffle of Vancouver, Wash., will start in 19th, and Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw will start in 30th of 43.