ELKHART LAKE, Wis. – Brendan Gaughan took the lead after a green-white-checkered restart, then held on to win the rain-soaked Gardner Denver 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Road America on Saturday.
Alex Tagliani was second. It was the third time in Nationwide history grooved rain tires were used in a race.
“I love racing in the rain,” Gaughan said.
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 33rd of 38.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
• Jamie McMurray won the pole for Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350, a NASCAR Sprint Cup event on the road course at Sonoma Raceway in California.
Greg Biffle of Vancouver, Wash., will start in 19th, and Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw will start in 30th of 43.