London Olympic organizers say preparations are in "great shape" after the completion of the final test events for the games.
London Olympic organizers say preparations are in “great shape” after the completion of the final test events for the games.
Sebastian Coe, head of the local organizing committee, says 42 test events in 28 venues were held over the past year – including five events in the Olympic Park in the last week.
More than 8,000 athletes have competed in Olympic venues, with about 350,000 spectators attending competitions.
Coe says “there will be some lessons learned” from the test events but no major changes needed to be made.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
He says “we are in great shape and on course to stage the world’s greatest sporting event.”
The Olympics run from July 27 to Aug. 12; the Paralympics take place from Aug. 29 to Sept. 9.