Jim Harbaugh is already in a Thanksgiving mood, it seems. Said the 49ers coach, when asked if Alex Smith's 18-for-19 passing performance...
Jim Harbaugh is already in a Thanksgiving mood, it seems.
Said the 49ers coach, when asked if Alex Smith’s 18-for-19 passing performance against the Cardinals answered any questions about the QB’s confidence:
“I don’t think there ever was a question there. I think it’s just a lot of gobble-gobble turkey. Just gobble-gobble turkey from jive-turkey gobblers. That paints a pretty good picture of it.”
Most Read Stories
• At Fark.com: “The N.Y. Knicks are the last undefeated team in the NBA. This is not a repeat from 20 … uh … 19-ninety — … nope … 19-eighty — … wow, this is going to take a while.”
• At TheOnion.com: “City of Nashville seems to be taking NHL lockout pretty well.”
Don’t dig in
Hall of Fame Cardinals pitcher Bob Gibson turned 77 on Friday.
For some odd reason, nary a partygoer leaned over his plate during the birthday meal.
“Now that the election is over,” wrote Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, “D.C. politicians need to reach across the aisle … to solve that Wizards problem.”
We hardly knew ye
Steve Nash is out with a small fracture in his left leg — in just his second Lakers game.
Probably not the definition of fast break that Lakers fans had in mind.
Those slow-counting folks in Florida needed extra days to tally last week’s results, but it’s finally official:
The Colts did in fact beat the Jaguars, 27-10.
• Ian Hamilton of the Regina (Sask.) Leader-Post, after 55 percent of hockey fans in a recent poll blamed the owners for the labor impasse and 26 percent blamed the players: “The remaining 19 percent must have been too busy rioting in Vancouver to pick a side.”
• Mike Bianchi of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, updating Laker Dwight Howard’s career statistics: “18.4 points, 13.1 rebounds, 2.0 fired coaches.”
• Todd Dewey of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones got locked out of his team’s locker room: “Now that’s an NFL lockout we can support.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on why the president got heckled during a late campaign stop in Cincinnati: “Obama’s get-tough-on-crime policy has cost the Bengals half their defense.”
Instant sibling rivalry
A Kenyan mother named her newborn twins Barack and Mitt.
Hey, it was either that or Rex and Belichick.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com