This video, shot and produced by Genevieve Alvarez, gives a glimpse of an interactive art installation in Vancouver, B.C. Vectorial Elevation is a public, interactive art installation that allows Internet users to direct robotic searchlights over Vancouver’s English Bay from dusk until dawn through February 28th. Online participants design their very own “light sculpture” using Google Earth and 4 live webcams. Each design is saved and documented to the installation website.
Created by Mexican-Canadian artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, the art installation was commissioned by the City of Vancouver’s Olympic and Paralympic Public Art Program and Vancouver 2010 Cultural Olympiad.
Here’s the light sculpture design the Olympic Outsiders created for its readers.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Reporting by Genevieve Alvarez.