Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin's spot for the Sochi Games.
Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin’s spot for the Sochi Games.
The Swedes announced the roster move Friday.
Henrik Sedin was taken off the Olympic team Thursday because he has bruised ribs.
Johansson has seven goals and 36 points for the Washington Capitals, who will also be represented on Sweden’s team by Nicklas Backstrom. Johansson has represented the Swedes previously in international competition, but he is set to make his first appearance at the Olympics.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?