Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin's spot for the Sochi Games.
Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin’s spot for the Sochi Games.
The Swedes announced the roster move Friday.
Henrik Sedin was taken off the Olympic team Thursday because he has bruised ribs.
Johansson has seven goals and 36 points for the Washington Capitals, who will also be represented on Sweden’s team by Nicklas Backstrom. Johansson has represented the Swedes previously in international competition, but he is set to make his first appearance at the Olympics.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied