Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin's spot for the Sochi Games.
Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin’s spot for the Sochi Games.
The Swedes announced the roster move Friday.
Henrik Sedin was taken off the Olympic team Thursday because he has bruised ribs.
Johansson has seven goals and 36 points for the Washington Capitals, who will also be represented on Sweden’s team by Nicklas Backstrom. Johansson has represented the Swedes previously in international competition, but he is set to make his first appearance at the Olympics.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver