Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin's spot for the Sochi Games.
Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin’s spot for the Sochi Games.
The Swedes announced the roster move Friday.
Henrik Sedin was taken off the Olympic team Thursday because he has bruised ribs.
Johansson has seven goals and 36 points for the Washington Capitals, who will also be represented on Sweden’s team by Nicklas Backstrom. Johansson has represented the Swedes previously in international competition, but he is set to make his first appearance at the Olympics.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space