Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin's spot for the Sochi Games.
Sweden has put Marcus Johansson in Henrik Sedin’s spot for the Sochi Games.
The Swedes announced the roster move Friday.
Henrik Sedin was taken off the Olympic team Thursday because he has bruised ribs.
Johansson has seven goals and 36 points for the Washington Capitals, who will also be represented on Sweden’s team by Nicklas Backstrom. Johansson has represented the Swedes previously in international competition, but he is set to make his first appearance at the Olympics.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs