South Korea won the women's Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
South Korea won the women’s Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
The team of Cho Ha-ri, Kim Alang, Park Seung-hi and Shim Suk-hee crossed the finish line first Tuesday after Shim made the winning pass on the last of 27 laps. Four years ago in Vancouver, the South Koreans finished first, but were disqualified and China got the gold.
This time, the Chinese team of Fan Kexin, Li Jianrou, Liu Qiuhong and Zhou Yang finished second, but were disqualified by the referees after a penalty on the last lap.
That allowed Canada to take the silver medal. Italy earned the bronze.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Reports: Seattle Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch out at least four weeks, set for surgery Wednesday