South Korea won the women's Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
South Korea won the women’s Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
The team of Cho Ha-ri, Kim Alang, Park Seung-hi and Shim Suk-hee crossed the finish line first Tuesday after Shim made the winning pass on the last of 27 laps. Four years ago in Vancouver, the South Koreans finished first, but were disqualified and China got the gold.
This time, the Chinese team of Fan Kexin, Li Jianrou, Liu Qiuhong and Zhou Yang finished second, but were disqualified by the referees after a penalty on the last lap.
That allowed Canada to take the silver medal. Italy earned the bronze.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein