Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women’s snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Kummer cruised to victory when Tomoka Takeuchi of Japan missed a gate midway through the second run of the finals.
Alena Zavarzina of Russia won bronze just minutes before her husband, former American racer Vic Wild, now competing for Russia, captured gold in the men’s event.
Kummer’s run gave Switzerland its sixth gold medal in Sochi, tied with the United State and the Netherlands for the third-most in the games.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community