Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women’s snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Kummer cruised to victory when Tomoka Takeuchi of Japan missed a gate midway through the second run of the finals.
Alena Zavarzina of Russia won bronze just minutes before her husband, former American racer Vic Wild, now competing for Russia, captured gold in the men’s event.
Kummer’s run gave Switzerland its sixth gold medal in Sochi, tied with the United State and the Netherlands for the third-most in the games.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst