Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women’s snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Kummer cruised to victory when Tomoka Takeuchi of Japan missed a gate midway through the second run of the finals.
Alena Zavarzina of Russia won bronze just minutes before her husband, former American racer Vic Wild, now competing for Russia, captured gold in the men’s event.
Kummer’s run gave Switzerland its sixth gold medal in Sochi, tied with the United State and the Netherlands for the third-most in the games.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012