Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women’s snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
Kummer cruised to victory when Tomoka Takeuchi of Japan missed a gate midway through the second run of the finals.
Alena Zavarzina of Russia won bronze just minutes before her husband, former American racer Vic Wild, now competing for Russia, captured gold in the men’s event.
Kummer’s run gave Switzerland its sixth gold medal in Sochi, tied with the United State and the Netherlands for the third-most in the games.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75