Gabby Douglas is already on Kellogg's Corn Flakes boxes, but why stop there? Some other natural marketing tie-ins for U.S. female Olympians Olympians: ...
Gabby Douglas is already on Kellogg’s Corn Flakes boxes, but why stop there?
Some other natural marketing tie-ins for U.S. female Olympians:
• Girl Scouts/swimming: Franklin Mints
• Planters Nuts/basketball: Swin Cashews
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
• A&W Root Beer/soccer: Hope Floats
• At the London Guardian’s GuardianNews.com: “Ann Romney’s horse fails to win dressage but avoids offending British.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Nittany Lion mascot transfers to Toledo.”
The Swedish newspaper Expressen is reporting that Elin Nordegren, the former Mrs. Woods, is dating a hockey player — San Jose Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, to be exact.
What, you were expecting Tiger Williams, perhaps?
Why, of course
No wonder Gabby won. As NBC’s Tom Brokaw noted, “Douglas” is an anagram for “USA gold.”
Steve Bellamy, who created The Tennis Channel and The Ski Channel, plans to roll out another niche offering — The Surf Channel — in mid-September.
YV pundits predict it’ll open to wave reviews.
Shouldn’t Kansas running back Brandon Bourbon be playing for Kentucky?
• Bill Plunkett of The Orange County Register, after the Angels scored 40 runs against the first-place Rangers yet earned just a 2-2 series split: “Like a fat guy on a treadmill, the Angels expended a lot of sweat this week but didn’t really get anywhere.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on Spain’s garish Olympic uniforms: “They look like a tribute to Craig Sager.”
• Blogger TC Chong, after the U.S. men’s basketball team beat Nigeria 156-73: “Somewhere, the Washington Generals are saying, ‘We could have beat that spread, why aren’t we at the Olympics?’ “
• Chris Dufresne of the L.A. Times, on the Insight Bowl morphing into the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: “Ticket prices, we hear, will range from ‘mild’ to ‘Jammin’ Jalepeno’ and ‘Blazin’.’ “
Riding a hot streak
Twins outfielder Ben Revere credits a simple adjustment — holding his hands higher — for him going off on a recent hitting tear.
Well, that and the fact he heard the Red Sox were coming.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com