I visited the Colbert Nation today, otherwise known as an public taping of Stephen Colbert's The Colbert Report in Vancouver's Creekside Park, next to Telus World of Science, which has been converted to Sochi World (the Russian house) for the 2010 Games.
I visited the Colbert Nation today, otherwise known as an public taping of Stephen Colbert’s The Colbert Report in Vancouver’s Creekside Park, next to Telus World of Science, which has been converted to Sochi World (the Russian house) for the 2010 Games.
Even though I arrived more than an hour early, the crowd was already clogging the park.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
If you haven’t heard, Stephen Colbert is an official sponsor of the U.S. Speedskating team, replacing a $300,000 sponsorship deal it lost when DSB bank, the previous prime sponsor for U.S. Speedskating, pulled out. Via huffingtonpost.com:
“On their enormous, billboard thighs, it will say, ‘Colbert Nation,'” Colbert said in an interview before Monday evening’s taping. “Be looking for that logo as it comes around the final turn. It will be easy to see because it will be in first place.”
If you missed today, The Colbert Report is taping in the same location tomorrow morning.
More pictures, video after the jump ….