Debbie Armstrong was a multisport star at Garfield High, but her main love was skiing and she became an Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
Her victory in Sarajevo was the first in the giant slalom for an American woman skier since 1952.
Currently, she runs a competitive ski program in Colorado and enjoys skiing with her 6-year-old daughter.
Armstrong answered questions about her memorable skiing career, her thoughts on the U.S. team competing in Sochi and more in a live chat on Feb. 6.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again