Debbie Armstrong was a multisport star at Garfield High, but her main love was skiing and she became an Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
Her victory in Sarajevo was the first in the giant slalom for an American woman skier since 1952.
Currently, she runs a competitive ski program in Colorado and enjoys skiing with her 6-year-old daughter.
Armstrong answered questions about her memorable skiing career, her thoughts on the U.S. team competing in Sochi and more in a live chat on Feb. 6.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected