Debbie Armstrong was a multisport star at Garfield High, but her main love was skiing and she became an Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
Her victory in Sarajevo was the first in the giant slalom for an American woman skier since 1952.
Currently, she runs a competitive ski program in Colorado and enjoys skiing with her 6-year-old daughter.
Armstrong answered questions about her memorable skiing career, her thoughts on the U.S. team competing in Sochi and more in a live chat on Feb. 6.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy