Debbie Armstrong was a multisport star at Garfield High, but her main love was skiing and she became an Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
Her victory in Sarajevo was the first in the giant slalom for an American woman skier since 1952.
Currently, she runs a competitive ski program in Colorado and enjoys skiing with her 6-year-old daughter.
Armstrong answered questions about her memorable skiing career, her thoughts on the U.S. team competing in Sochi and more in a live chat on Feb. 6.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault