Debbie Armstrong was a multisport star at Garfield High, but her main love was skiing and she became an Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
Her victory in Sarajevo was the first in the giant slalom for an American woman skier since 1952.
Currently, she runs a competitive ski program in Colorado and enjoys skiing with her 6-year-old daughter.
Armstrong answered questions about her memorable skiing career, her thoughts on the U.S. team competing in Sochi and more in a live chat on Feb. 6.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs