LAS CRUCES, N.M. — Danesia Williamson scored 36 points and New Mexico State took the lead for good with 7½ minutes to play, beating Seattle University, 86-81, in a Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball game Saturday night.
Kacie Sowell led SU with her eighth double-double of the season — 16 points and 12 rebounds, while teammate Sylvia Shephard earned her fifth such feat of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
“I thought we played with a lot more defensive intensity in the second half, but it’s about sustaining the runs,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini, whose team fell to 11-12 and 6-4 in WAC play.
From sports-information reports.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit