LAS CRUCES, N.M. — Danesia Williamson scored 36 points and New Mexico State took the lead for good with 7½ minutes to play, beating Seattle University, 86-81, in a Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball game Saturday night.
Kacie Sowell led SU with her eighth double-double of the season — 16 points and 12 rebounds, while teammate Sylvia Shephard earned her fifth such feat of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
“I thought we played with a lot more defensive intensity in the second half, but it’s about sustaining the runs,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini, whose team fell to 11-12 and 6-4 in WAC play.
From sports-information reports.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam