Sonics forward Chris Wilcox, who has sat out the past four games because of a dislocated right little finger, will miss the remainder of...
Sonics forward Chris Wilcox, who has sat out the past four games because of a dislocated right little finger, will miss the remainder of the season.
“After gathering all of the necessary information, the decision has been made to rest the injury and allow forthe properrecuperation and rehabilitation to avoid further damage,” Sonics general manager Sam Presti said. “We are disappointed that we will be without Chris the remainder of the season but look forward to having him back healthy next year.”
Wilcox originally suffered the injury in the first quarter of the game at Phoenix on Jan. 3.
He aggravated the injury in the first half against Phoenix on March 19.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Wilcox appeared in 62 games this season and averaged 13.4 points and 7.0 rebounds in 28.0 minutes.