After starring at Seattle Prep, Martell Webster has gone on to play eight successful seasons in the NBA.
He was a McDonald’s All-American, but opted to enter the NBA draft after his senior season and was taken with sixth pick in 2005 by the Portland Trail Blazers
During his career, he spent five seasons in Portland, two with Minnesota, and last year with the Washington Wizards. He has averaged 8.9 ppg and 3.3 rpg in 470 games. In July he re-signed with the Wizards.
Webster answered questions about his Seattle Family Fun Day on Aug. 10 at the Seattle Center, his pro career and much more in a live chat on Aug. 6.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him