Shawn Kemp was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and played eight seasons for the Sonics.
The “Reign Man” was also a member of the gold-medal winning U.S. national team at the 1994 FIBA World Championships in Toronto.
He now owns a restaurant, Oskar’s Kitchen, in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and is still a well-known face around Seattle.
Kemp talked about his basketball career, life after basketball, his thoughts on the Kings’ sale and much more in a live chat May 29.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why