Shawn Kemp was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and played eight seasons for the Sonics.
The “Reign Man” was also a member of the gold-medal winning U.S. national team at the 1994 FIBA World Championships in Toronto.
He now owns a restaurant, Oskar’s Kitchen, in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and is still a well-known face around Seattle.
Kemp talked about his basketball career, life after basketball, his thoughts on the Kings’ sale and much more in a live chat May 29.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU