Shawn Kemp was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and played eight seasons for the Sonics.
The “Reign Man” was also a member of the gold-medal winning U.S. national team at the 1994 FIBA World Championships in Toronto.
He now owns a restaurant, Oskar’s Kitchen, in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and is still a well-known face around Seattle.
Kemp talked about his basketball career, life after basketball, his thoughts on the Kings’ sale and much more in a live chat May 29.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit