Shawn Kemp was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and played eight seasons for the Sonics.
The “Reign Man” was also a member of the gold-medal winning U.S. national team at the 1994 FIBA World Championships in Toronto.
He now owns a restaurant, Oskar’s Kitchen, in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and is still a well-known face around Seattle.
Kemp talked about his basketball career, life after basketball, his thoughts on the Kings’ sale and much more in a live chat May 29.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam