Shawn Kemp was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and played eight seasons for the Sonics.
The “Reign Man” was also a member of the gold-medal winning U.S. national team at the 1994 FIBA World Championships in Toronto.
He now owns a restaurant, Oskar’s Kitchen, in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and is still a well-known face around Seattle.
Kemp talked about his basketball career, life after basketball, his thoughts on the Kings’ sale and much more in a live chat May 29.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte