Arron Afflalo scored 30 points and the Orlando Magic beat Dwight Howard in its first game against its longtime center, knocking off the host Los Angeles Lakers 113-103.
LOS ANGELES — Arron Afflalo scored 30 points, Glen Davis added 23 points and 12 rebounds and the Orlando Magic beat Dwight Howard in its first game against its longtime center, knocking off the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 Sunday night.
Howard had 21 points and 15 rebounds against his former team, but the rebuilding Magic rallied impressively for a 40-point fourth quarter for its fourth victory in 14 games, snapping a three-game skid.
Orlando did it partly by intentionally fouling Howard, who went 9 for 21 at the free-throw line.
Kobe Bryant scored 34 points for the Lakers, who dropped to 3-4 under new coach Mike D’Antoni.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
“As a team, our effort wasn’t there,” Howard said.
Howard left the court afterward without shaking hands with Orlando players.
“If he wants to walk off the court, it’s cool,” ex-teammate Davis said. “He lost. I’d feel bad, too. I wouldn’t want to shake nobody’s hand.
“We weren’t even really thinking about him.”
• Carmelo Anthony scored 34 points as the New York Knicks beat Phoenix 106-99 to improve to 7-0 at home this season.