The Sonics considered John Lucas, Randy Livingston and former Washington Husky Will Conroy before signing point guard Eddie Gill to a 10-day...
The Sonics considered John Lucas, Randy Livingston and former Washington Husky Will Conroy before signing point guard Eddie Gill to a 10-day contract on Monday.
“I’ve always liked him,” coach P.J. Carlesimo said. “I thought he was a tough, competitive player.”
The team also considered re-signing guard Mike Wilks but would have had to keep him for the remainder of the season and needed the flexibility to bring in players on short-term contracts because of a rash of injuries.
Earl Watson (right calf contusion) and Chris Wilcox (dislocated right pinkie) missed Monday’s game against Portland. Wilcox visited a hand specialist on Monday and is expected to see another physician before returning to the court. He’s doubtful for Wednesday’s game against Charlotte.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
Most Read Stories
Gill made his Sonics debut in the second quarter and was scoreless, with one assist and one turnover, in 4 ½ minutes.
The 6-foot guard appeared in 13 games with New Jersey this season and made a start for the Nets. He averaged 18.8 points, 8.4 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 2.2 steals in 32 games with the Colorado 14ers of the NBA’s Development League.
“Obviously I’m just going to try to learn things on the fly and just play hard,” said Gill, who played with the Sonics summer league team last year.
• C Francisco Elson (right knee sprain) returned after missing two games.
• G/F Mickael Gelabale visited a specialist on Monday to determine when he’ll undergo surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
• The Sonics & Storm Foundation will give $10,000 in scholarships to four college-bound seniors at Rainier Beach High school today. Several players, including Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, will attend lunch with students.
Percentages: FG .384, FT .786. Three-point goals: 7-17, .412 (Webster 5-9, Jack 1-1, Blake 1-5, Roy 0-2). Team rebounds: 15. Team turnovers: 12 (6 PTS). Blocked shots: 6 (Przybilla 3, Aldridge, Frye, Outlaw). Turnovers: 11 (Outlaw 3, Przybilla 3, Aldridge 2, Blake 2, Frye). Steals: 4 (Aldridge, Blake, Jones, Outlaw). Technical Foul: Defensive three second, 7:10 third.
Percentages: FG .500, FT .708. Three-point goals: 6-12, .500 (Wilkins 3-3, Green 2-4, Durant 1-2, Gill 0-1, Ridnour 0-2). Team rebounds: 9. Team turnovers: 10 (8 PTS). Blocked shots: 4 (Collison, Durant, Green, Petro). Turnovers: 10 (Ridnour 3, Green 2, Petro 2, Collison, Durant, Gill). Steals: 5 (Elson 2, Petro 2, Ridnour). Technical Foul: Defensive three second, 5:33 second.
|Portland||25||28||10||21 — 84|
|Seattle||21||28||22||26 — 97|
Attendance: 11,292 (17,072). Time: 2:10. Officials: Scott Foster, David Jones, Matt Boland.