Marc Gasol had 24 points and 12 rebounds, Mike Conley scored 22 points, and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Sacramento Kings 108-101 on Tuesday...
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Marc Gasol had 24 points and 12 rebounds, Mike Conley scored 22 points, and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Sacramento Kings 108-101 on Tuesday night.
Tony Allen had a season-high 19 points to help the Grizzlies win their seventh straight over the Kings at home.
“He’s gotten to the basket, he’s made good decisions,” said Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins of Allen.
DeMarcus Cousins scored 23 points and Tyreke Evans had 20 for the Kings.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
“(Our) mistakes were higher in the third quarter, and that’s where the separation of the game came from,” Kings coach Keith Smart said. “I thought (our) guys did everything they could to put themselves in position to win.”
• Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said the joint committee that will decide whether the Kings move to Seattle might want to discuss his city’s proposal before the NBA Board of Governors meeting April 19. Owners can vote on the pending sale and relocation of the Kings at any time, but the annual meeting in New York is typically when decisions about moving a franchise are made. Johnson plans to be in Houston this weekend during All-Star festivities to lobby league owners.
Percentages: FG .465, FT .708. Three-point goals: 4-16, .250 (Thornton 3-7, Garcia 1-2, Evans 0-1, Salmons 0-3, Thomas 0-3). Team rebounds: 10. Team turnovers: 14 (8 PTS). Blocked shots: 2 (Garcia, Salmons). Turnovers: 14 (Cousins 3, Garcia 2, Robinson 2, Thompson 2, Thornton 2, Brooks, Hayes, Thomas). Steals: 12 (Cousins 5, Brooks 2, Hayes, Salmons, Thomas, Thompson, Thornton). Technical fouls: None.
Percentages: FG .547, FT .833. Three-point goals: 6-13, .462 (Conley 2-4, Prince 1-1, Allen 1-2, Daye 1-2, Bayless 1-4). Team rebounds: 6. Team turnovers: 21 (26 PTS). Blocked shots: 4 (Allen, Conley, Davis, Gasol). Turnovers: 19 (Gasol 5, Allen 4, Conley 4, Bayless 3, Prince, Randolph, Wroten). Steals: 5 (Allen 2, Arthur, Conley, Daye). Technical fouls: Gasol, 0:35.5 second.
|Sacramento||25||30||18||28 — 101|
|Memphis||26||32||26||24 — 108|
Attendance: 14,722 (18,119). Time: 2:16. Officials: Tom Washington, Brent Barnaky, David Guthrie.