Mayor Ed Murray said on KUOW, he's willing to work with anyone in regards to an arena, but doubted Chris Hansen's ability to bring a team to Seattle himself.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray joined KUOW radio to address Seattle’s potential for a new arena on Thursday.
Commenting specifically on Chris Hansen’s involvement, Murray doubted Hansen’s ability to bring a team to Seattle by himself.
“I’m willing to work with anyone who can bring us a team, and so far, what we’ve heard from Chris Hansen, he’d really like that arena, but he himself is not going to bring us a team,” Murray said.
Murray continued, saying the city has several questions to sort out, most notably the question of what happens with KeyArena. Murray said if KeyArena does not work out, Sodo is still an option.
Most Read Stories
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Seattle to spend $177M on new streetcar line amid questions about ‘unrealistic’ revenue, rider projections
- Boeing’s next all-new jet moves closer to reality
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Here is the full transcript: