Mayor Ed Murray said on KUOW, he's willing to work with anyone in regards to an arena, but doubted Chris Hansen's ability to bring a team to Seattle himself.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray joined KUOW radio to address Seattle’s potential for a new arena on Thursday.
Commenting specifically on Chris Hansen’s involvement, Murray doubted Hansen’s ability to bring a team to Seattle by himself.
“I’m willing to work with anyone who can bring us a team, and so far, what we’ve heard from Chris Hansen, he’d really like that arena, but he himself is not going to bring us a team,” Murray said.
Murray continued, saying the city has several questions to sort out, most notably the question of what happens with KeyArena. Murray said if KeyArena does not work out, Sodo is still an option.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- ‘A painful and frustrating experience’: Horizon Air scheduling havoc will continue into the fall
Here is the full transcript: