LOS ANGELES — Jodie Meeks scored 24 of his career-high 42 points in the second half, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat Oklahoma City 114-110 on Sunday despite a triple-double by Thunder star Kevin Durant.
Pau Gasol added 20 points and 11 rebounds for the injury-ravaged Lakers, who had lost 29 of their previous 37 games. Meeks was 11 of 18 from the field and 14 for 14 at the line while becoming the third player to reach the 30-point mark this season for Los Angeles.
Meeks is averaging 19.2 points in 11 games since returning from a sprained right ankle. Before the injury, he was averaging 14.4.
Durant had 27 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists for his third triple-double this season. Serge Ibaka had 21 points and 15 boards for Oklahoma City.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
Most Read Stories
The Thunder (46-17) began the day in a three-way tie with San Antonio and Indiana for the NBA’s best record.
• James Harden scored 41 points, Jeremy Lin had 26 and the host Houston Rockets rallied for a 118-113 overtime win against the Portland Trail Blazers. LaMarcus Aldridge led the Trail Blazers with 28 points and 12 rebounds, but managed just two points in OT.
• Former Cougar Klay Thompson scored 22 points as the host Golden State Warriors held off the Phoenix Suns 113-107 for their fourth straight win. Golden State is 9-2 since the All-Star break and a season-high 16 games over .500.
• Los Angeles Clippers guard Jamal Crawford (strained calf) from Rainier Beach High School may not play this week. “I just need more time to strengthen it,” Crawford said. “It’s not ready yet.”
• Toronto Raptors forward Patrick Patterson will miss the next seven to 10 days with a sprained right elbow.