LOS ANGELES – David West scored 14 of his 24 points in the third quarter and grabbed 12 rebounds, Paul George had 27 points and the Indiana Pacers beat the Los Angeles Clippers 105-100 on Sunday.
The Pacers improved their best start in franchise history to 16-1 and snapped the Clippers’ win streak at four.
Jamal Crawford, a graduate of Rainier Beach High School in Seattle, led the Clippers with 20 points.
Davis suffers broken hand
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
NEW YORK – Ryan Anderson scored 31 points, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame the loss of forward-center Anthony Davis to a broken left hand to beat the New York Knicks 103-99.
The Knicks have lost nine in a row.
Team officials said no timetable for Davis’ return has been determined.
Robinson scores 23
TORONTO – Reserve guard Nate Robinson, a former Washington Huskies and Rainier Beach High player, scored 23 points to help Denver defeat Toronto 112-98, its sixth victory in a row.
• Stephen Curry made two free throws with 8.6 seconds left and had 36 points, leading the Golden State Warriors past host Sacramento 115-113. Klay Thompson, a former Washington State standout, added 28 points.
Ex-UW Husky Isaiah Thomas had 19 points for the Kings.
• Chris Bosh scored 13 straight points for Miami in the final minutes and the Heat beat visiting Charlotte 99-98 for its 10th victory in a row. LeBron James led the Heat with 26 points; Bosh had 22.
• Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant collected 32 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in a 113-103 victory over visiting Minnesota.
• LaMarcus Aldridge had 27 points and nine rebounds as Portland beat the Los Angeles Lakers 114-108 for its 12th victory in 13 games.