PORTLAND — Monta Ellis hit a 21-foot jumper at the buzzer and the Dallas Mavericks snapped the Portland Trail Blazers’ four-game winning streak with a 108-106 victory on Saturday night.
Ellis finished with 22 points and Dirk Nowitzki had 28 for the Mavericks’ third straight win.
Damian Lillard had 32 points for the Blazers, including a three-pointer with 1.9 seconds left that tied it at 106.
It was just the second loss at home this season for the red-hot Blazers (17-4), who lead the Western Conference and are off to their best start since the 1990-91 season.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
• DeMarcus Cousins had 28 points and former Husky Isaiah Thomas scored 23 of his 26 points after halftime to help the Sacramento Kings snap a six-game skid with a 112-102 overtime victory against the host Utah Jazz. Utah starting forward Marvin Williams from Bremerton missed the game with inflammation in his right foot.
• Paul George scored 28 points and the Indiana Pacers powered past host San Antonio 111-100, snapping an 11-game skid against the Spurs. David West had 20 points as the Pacers improved the NBA’s best record to 18-2.
• Former Cougar Klay Thompson scored 30 points and David Lee finished with 23 to help the Golden State Warriors beat the host Memphis Grizzlies 108-82. Ex- Husky Quincy Pondexter suffered a sprained foot for Memphis.
• LeBron James had 21 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists for his first double-digit rebounding game of the season, leading the Miami Heat to a 103-82 victory over host Minnesota.
• Former Husky Nate Robinson scored 20 points to lead Denver to a 103-92 victory over host Philadelphia, which got 20 points from former Husky Tony Wroten.