Kevin Calabro was a fixture on Seattle airwaves for 20 years as the play-by-play announcer for the Seattle SuperSonics.
When the Sonics relocated to Oklahoma City in 2008, he decided not to remain with the team.
Calabro hosted an afternoon radio talk show on 710 ESPN for a few years before returning to play-by-play work full time in 2013.
Earlier this month, he signed a three-year deal with ESPN Radio to serve as its lead NBA play-by-play announcer. He will continue to call college basketball and football games on TV for the Pac-12 Networks.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
Most Read Stories
Calabro answered questions about his broadcasting career, his thoughts on the NBA returning to Seattle and more.