Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks scored 34 points in a 112-106 victory over the visiting Denver Nuggets, his former team.
NEW YORK — Carmelo Anthony insists there is no grudge against the Denver Nuggets. He merely didn’t want his old team — or anyone else — walking into his current home and leaving with a victory.
Anthony returned from a two-game absence with 34 points and the New York Knicks beat the Nuggets 112-106 Sunday to remain the league’s lone unbeaten team at home.
Back in the starting lineup after missing two games with a cut on the middle finger of his left hand that required stitches, Anthony twice made baskets in the final 2:08 after Denver cut New York’s lead to four points.
“I don’t have no hard feelings toward Denver. It was just one of them games that no matter how many runs we went on, they just wasn’t going anywhere,” Anthony said after the Knicks improved to 8-0 at Madison Square Garden.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks
Most Read Stories
Jazz beats Lakers
LOS ANGELES — Paul Millsap scored 24 points to help the Utah Jazz beat the Los Angeles Lakers 117-110 for their third straight victory.
Kobe Bryant had 34 points for the Lakers, who are 4-7 in their last 11 games.
• Ex-Sonic Kevin Durant scored 27 points as host Oklahoma City beat Indiana 104-93. The Thunder has won eight in a row.
• The Los Angeles Clippers beat visiting Toronto 102-83 for their sixth victory in a row.
• The league issued $25,000 fines to San Antonio forward Stephen Jackson (threatening the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka in a Twitter post), Boston forward-center Chris Wilcox (obscene gesture while being shown on JumboTron in Philadelphia on Friday) and Cleveland coach Byron Scott (criticizing officiating Friday).