Well, that didn’t take long.
Lions receiver Nate Burleson — who infamously broke his arm in a car crash after trying to save a sliding pizza box on the front seat — scored a second-quarter TD in his return to action Sunday.
“Burleson delivered,” wrote Anwar S. Richardson of Yahoo.com. “ … And yes, it took less than 30 minutes.”
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “RGIII disappointed in opposing NFL teams for not letting him showcase his talents.”
• At Fark.com: “Cardinals sgin Jhonny Peralta.”
Just call ’em Outlanta
For those of you who had the Atlanta Falcons — just 10 yards short of reaching the Super Bowl last season — as the first team to be eliminated from playoff contention in 2013, please step forward to collect your prize.
The plot of “Hunger Games: Catching Fire” revolves around:
a) The point-starved Patriots’ second-half comeback against the Broncos.
b) Aunt Edna burning the Thanksgiving turkey again.
He’s no Abe
“Last Tuesday marked the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, which consisted of 272 words,” noted Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald. “On ‘Monday Night Football,’ it takes Jon Gruden 1,500 words to explain an offside call.”
“Some people watch talent shows or singers,” tweeted ESPN’s Scott Van Pelt. “Others apparently like to see people lose weight and weep. I’ll take the sports, thank you.”
Talking the talk
• Greg Cote of the Miami Herald, on the International Swimming Hall of Fame leaving its longtime home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.: “I know this because on the flagpole outside the hall, Johnny Weismuller’s swim trunks were flying at half mast.”
• Eric Edholm of Yahoo.com, on the Patriots unusual choice not to receive the kickoff after winning Sunday’s pre-OT coin clip vs. the Broncos: “You don’t tug on Belichick’s cape. You don’t kick into the wind.”
• Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle, after Alex Rodriguez stormed out of his own arbitration hearing: “ ’Roid rage?”
• Meteorologist Jim Barach of WCHS-TV in Charleston, W.Va., on reliever Brian Wilson refusing to shave off his beard to join the Yankees: “Apparently that leaves his employment options pretty much left to the Red Sox, ZZ Top and Duck Dynasty.”
Shortstop at the bank
2012: Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta suspended 50 games for PED use.
2013: Peralta signs four-year, $53 million deal with the Cardinals.
Who says cheaters never prosper?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com