Delisa Lynch doesn't play fantasy football, but she's glad her co-workers do. As the mother of Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch told SiriusXM...
Delisa Lynch doesn’t play fantasy football, but she’s glad her co-workers do.
As the mother of Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch told SiriusXM Radio: “I just listen to the guys at work that come to me and say, ‘Hey, your son got me some points!’ “
• At TheOnion.com: “Embattled Lance Armstrong resigns from U.S. Anti-Doping Agency’s board of directors.”
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
• At eTrueSports.com: “Jackson’s demand for paid nap time killed Laker deal.”
A college basketball game slated to be played on the USS Yorktown had to be scrapped — as was the second half of a game on the USS Bataan — because condensation on the ship deck made the court unplayable.
Take that, Al McGuire — aircraft carriers and basketball don’t mix.
No need to adjust your TV if hockey ever hits the airwaves again. That’ll just be commentator Don Cherry in one of the five new gaudy suits he has on order.
“I buy the material — probably all curtain material — from Fabricland,” Cherry told the Toronto Sun. “I have a membership card there, and all the ladies there know me.”
Truth in Advertising
Nebraska and Oklahoma have agreed “in principle” to resume their football rivalry beginning in 2020, outgoing Cornhuskers AD Tom Osborne announced.
As for how he could possibly top that, how about actually fielding a Big 12 with 12 teams in it?
Lost in the details
“Hidden injuries, switched jersey numbers, intentionally deflated footballs,” pointed out Greg Cote of The Miami Herald. “When USC said they wanted coach Lane Kiffin to set an example, I guess they should have specified what kind of example.”
• Comedian Argus Hamilton, after the Dodgers signed ex-steroid slugger Mark McGwire as their hitting coach: “His name was on a state highway in Missouri, but at USC it’s on the chemistry building.”
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, after the Knicks’ Amare Stoudemire landed on the disabled list again: “Or as Dean Martin would have put it, ‘That’s Amare.’ “
• Former Bears QB Jim McMahon, as quoted by the Joliet (Ill.) Herald-News, on his 18 career surgeries: “I pretty much glow in the dark.”
• Ex-Texas football coach Darrell Royal, who died at 88 last week, on All-American running back James Saxton: “He could run like small-town gossip.”
Any spare change?
AMF Bowling Worldwide Inc., the world’s largest bowling-alley operator, filed for bankruptcy for the second time in 11 years, citing debts up to $500 million.
Creditors, in keeping with the theme, say they’ll be lucky to get a 7-10 split.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com