Mike Salk will return to local radio airwaves Monday when 710 ESPN Seattle rolls out its revamped sports-radio lineup.
The changes include a new morning show and two additional hours of local programming. The lineup:
• 7-10 a.m.: Salk reunites with Brock Huard on “Brock and Salk” in a new time slot.
• 10 a.m.-noon: Former afternoon co-host Michael Grey does “The Michael Grey Show.”
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
• Noon-3 p.m.: “Bob and Groz” with Bob Stelton and Dave Grosby remains intact.
• 3-7 p.m.: Former Huard co-host Danny O’Neil returns to host “Danny, Dave and Moore” along with Dave Wyman and Jim Moore.
• 7-9 p.m.: “Nightwatch” with Tom Wassell remains in its time slot.
Salk and Huard teamed up on “Brock and Salk” from 2009 to 2012.
8 land in UW Hall
Receiver Mario Bailey, an All-American on Washington’s 1991 co-national championship football team, headlines eight new inductees into the Husky Husky Hall of Fame:
• Ja’Warren Hooker, football (1997-98), men’s track and field (1998-2001);
• Joseph Kearney (administrator, 1969-76);
• Anna Mickelson Cummins, women’s rowing (1999-2002);
• Christal Morrison, volleyball (2004-07);
• Dave Williams, football (1964-67), men’s track and field (1964-67);
• women’s softball national-championship team (2009);
• women’s cross country national-title team (2008).
Induction is set for Oct. 23.
• Tye Gabriel of Portland upset top seed Dale Brandt-Richards 2 and 1 in the opening day of match play at the 113th Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman.
• Aaren Ziegler of Canby, Ore., shot a 73 to claim medalist honors heading into match play in the 113th Pacific Northwest Women’s Amateur, while Brie Stone of Veneta, Ore., medaled in the 13th Women’s Mid-Amateur, both at Lewiston (Idaho) Golf & Country Club.
• Seattle Reign FC forward Nahomi “Naho” Kawasumi, who scored two goals in a 3-2 win over Boston, has been named National Women’s Soccer League Player of the Week.
• Washington assistant golf coach and ex-UW player Dan Potter has been named Boise State’s head coach.
From sports-information reports.