Former 710 ESPN morning show radio host Mike Salk is returning to Seattle as the station’s program director and host, beginning March 23.
Salk partnered with Brock Huard to form the “Brock & Salk Show” in April 2009 as part of the launch of 710 ESPN Seattle. In March 2013, Salk accepted a position as co-host of the afternoon drive radio show at WEEI in Boston. Salk said he welcomed the opportunity to return to his “adopted” hometown of Seattle. In addition, Salk will return to the airwaves in a yet-to-be-determined time slot.
“I could not be more excited about this unique opportunity and the new challenge of running the programming at 710 ESPN Seattle,” Salk said in a release. “Even though I left Seattle last year, it never ceased being home.”
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
Seattle Pacific senior guard David Downs has been voted West Region Player of the Year.
SPU senior teammate Patrick Simon earned a spot on the second team, as did Western Washington’s Austin Bragg. Downs was previously named Great Northwest Athletic Conference player of the year and he leads Seattle Pacific into a first-round game of the NCAA West Region on Friday against Stanislaus State in San Bernardino, Calif.
Seattle Pacific’s Katie Benson was selected to the women’s second team. She also was on the All-GNAC first team.
• The Vancouver Canadians Broadcast & Journalism Hall of Fame announced its two newest inductees, including former Spokane Indians broadcaster Bob Robertson, who also is a longtime Washington State announcer.
• Erynne Lee, a UCLA junior golfer from Silverdale (Central Kitsap High School) was named to the eight-player U.S. Curtis Cup team selected for the June 6-8 matches against Britain and Ireland at St. Louis Country Club.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.