Six meet records were set and two Dempsey facility records were broken, both by 2012 U.S. Olympians at the Dempsey Invitational. Decathlon world record-holder Ashton Eaton smashed the 60-meter hurdles record after clocking a 7.61-second time that ranks as the fastest time in the U.S. this year. Tia Brooks threw 60-8¾ to move to No. 4 in the world this year in the shot put.
Another UW Invitational meet record came from Ryan Bailey, fifth in the 100 meters in the London Olympics, as he won the 60-meter dash in 6.62 seconds.
• Seattle University women’s tennis (0-4) closed out the weekend with a 7-0 loss at Boise State (4-0).
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
Most Read Stories
• The Eastern Washington men’s tennis team shut out visiting Lewis-Clark State 7-0.
Eastern improved to 4-2 overall and 2-1 in home matches.