Danny Hultzen, one of the Mariners' top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits and one run in six innings of work.
The Tacoma Rainiers won their Pacific Coast League season opener Thursday night at Fresno, Calif., as starting pitcher Danny Hultzen struck out seven in a 9-1 win.
Hultzen, one of the Mariners’ top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits in six innings of work. He threw 51 strikes in 72 total pitches.
Mike Zunino hit a solo home run in the third inning.
From a Web report
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident