Danny Hultzen, one of the Mariners' top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits and one run in six innings of work.
The Tacoma Rainiers won their Pacific Coast League season opener Thursday night at Fresno, Calif., as starting pitcher Danny Hultzen struck out seven in a 9-1 win.
Hultzen, one of the Mariners’ top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits in six innings of work. He threw 51 strikes in 72 total pitches.
Mike Zunino hit a solo home run in the third inning.
From a Web report
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project