Danny Hultzen, one of the Mariners' top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits and one run in six innings of work.
The Tacoma Rainiers won their Pacific Coast League season opener Thursday night at Fresno, Calif., as starting pitcher Danny Hultzen struck out seven in a 9-1 win.
Hultzen, one of the Mariners’ top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits in six innings of work. He threw 51 strikes in 72 total pitches.
Mike Zunino hit a solo home run in the third inning.
From a Web report
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage