Danny Hultzen, one of the Mariners' top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits and one run in six innings of work.
The Tacoma Rainiers won their Pacific Coast League season opener Thursday night at Fresno, Calif., as starting pitcher Danny Hultzen struck out seven in a 9-1 win.
Hultzen, one of the Mariners’ top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits in six innings of work. He threw 51 strikes in 72 total pitches.
Mike Zunino hit a solo home run in the third inning.
From a Web report
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite