Danny Hultzen, one of the Mariners' top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits and one run in six innings of work.
The Tacoma Rainiers won their Pacific Coast League season opener Thursday night at Fresno, Calif., as starting pitcher Danny Hultzen struck out seven in a 9-1 win.
Hultzen, one of the Mariners’ top pitching prospects, allowed only three hits in six innings of work. He threw 51 strikes in 72 total pitches.
Mike Zunino hit a solo home run in the third inning.
From a Web report
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One