TACOMA — Demoted Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen gave up two home runs and took the loss in Iowa’s 10-3 Pacific Coast League victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday.
Wilhelmsen made the start and allowed three runs and three hits in two innings.
Iowa’s Edgar Gonzalez hit three home runs, becoming the first player since 2008 to do that at Cheney Stadium.
Nate Tenbrink went 3 for 4 with a double and solo home run for the Rainiers (62-56).
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
Most Read Stories
From web reports