TACOMA — Demoted Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen gave up two home runs and took the loss in Iowa’s 10-3 Pacific Coast League victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday.
Wilhelmsen made the start and allowed three runs and three hits in two innings.
Iowa’s Edgar Gonzalez hit three home runs, becoming the first player since 2008 to do that at Cheney Stadium.
Nate Tenbrink went 3 for 4 with a double and solo home run for the Rainiers (62-56).
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
From web reports