TACOMA — Demoted Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen gave up two home runs and took the loss in Iowa’s 10-3 Pacific Coast League victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday.
Wilhelmsen made the start and allowed three runs and three hits in two innings.
Iowa’s Edgar Gonzalez hit three home runs, becoming the first player since 2008 to do that at Cheney Stadium.
Nate Tenbrink went 3 for 4 with a double and solo home run for the Rainiers (62-56).
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
From web reports