TACOMA — Demoted Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen gave up two home runs and took the loss in Iowa’s 10-3 Pacific Coast League victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday.
Wilhelmsen made the start and allowed three runs and three hits in two innings.
Iowa’s Edgar Gonzalez hit three home runs, becoming the first player since 2008 to do that at Cheney Stadium.
Nate Tenbrink went 3 for 4 with a double and solo home run for the Rainiers (62-56).
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
From web reports