TACOMA — Demoted Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen gave up two home runs and took the loss in Iowa’s 10-3 Pacific Coast League victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday.
Wilhelmsen made the start and allowed three runs and three hits in two innings.
Iowa’s Edgar Gonzalez hit three home runs, becoming the first player since 2008 to do that at Cheney Stadium.
Nate Tenbrink went 3 for 4 with a double and solo home run for the Rainiers (62-56).
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
From web reports