Talk about a money pitch.
Rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson uncorked one of the ugliest ceremonial throws in history before a Mets game last week — but turns out it was worth it.
“I actually got pulled over (soon after) by New York City police,” Jackson told ABC-TV. “I said, ‘I’ve got my license.’ Right? Because I was a little nervous he pulled me over.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message
Most Read Stories
“Then he said, ‘You know, that pitch was terrible.’ He didn’t give me a ticket, no nothing. He said, ‘I don’t want to mess up your day because you made me laugh.’ ”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Report: The Spurs think you’re boring.”
• At Fark.com: “L.A. Clippers are now Windows compatible.”
In case you missed it, a frog named Green Cough sprang 19 feet 8 inches to win this year’s Calaveras County Frog-Jumping Contest.
Which shocked most insiders, considering he went only 17-6 at last month’s Frog Combine.
Get a Wiff of this
And from the Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction File comes word that Peninsula High School of Palos Verdes, Calif., got kicked out of the Southern Section tournament for taking pregame batting practice — using Wiffle balls.
What, were they about to face R.A. Dickey Jr.?
Bringing their bee game
For the first time since 1962, the National Spelling Bee ended in a tie.
Officials called it quits when they got down to the three final words: major, league and soccer.
If Ryan Hunter-Reay can become the first American since 2006 to win an Indy 500, shouldn’t a Canadian team win a Stanley Cup one of these years?
• Ian Hamilton of the Regina (Sask.) Leader-Post, after defense lawyers’ claims that Donald Sterling’s mistress illegally recorded his racist statements: ”It’s true: V. Stiviano taped the conversation without the express written consent of the NBA.”
• Jim Barach, via Facebook, on golfer John Daly claiming $55 million in gambling losses between 1991 and 2007: “Apparently he lost most of it betting on himself to win.”
• Comedy writer Jim Barach, after QB Michael Vick said he can help get the Jets to the Super Bowl: “Apparently he has a GPS system and a license to drive the bus.”
• Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, on the ACC unveiling a new logo: “To everyone’s relief, the conference is keeping the same letters.”
Putting For Dough Dept.
The FBI and SEC are reportedly probing golfer Phil Mickelson for possible insider trading.
It’s either that, investigators say, or Phil has an uncanny rub of the green.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org